Trade In FAQ’s
Trade In your old phone
This support article will give you key information on how to trade in your old phone and get trade in value deducted off the price of the new eligible device purchase immediately.
The payment amount you receive will depend on the model and whether or not the phone is in good working order. For a handset classed as non-working there will be no payment.
How to trade-in your old phone.
1. Check that your phone is eligible for trade in using our eligibility checker and how much you could get. The trade in quote you receive is honored for duration of the promotion period and finalized once your phone has been assessed.
2. Back up any important data.
3. Based on the condition of the phone, we’ll let you know how much payment you’ll be eligible to get. For a handset classed as non-working there will be no payment.
What do I need to do before sending my phone?
Here are some things to do before bringing your phone in store:
- Back up your contacts and any important files you don’t want to lose, including photos, videos, notes, calendar dates and messages.
- Remove your SIM and any memory cards inserted into the phone. To ensure your personal information remains secure, any SIM or memory cards found in returned devices are destroyed.
- If you have an iPhone, it’s important that you switch off Find My iPhone.
- If your phone is received with an active iCloud, the trade in will not be completed and phone returned to you.
- If you have an Android phone, make sure you’ve disabled any security lock settings on your phone. These settings can remotely lock your phone to protect your personal information if you lose it. Its important you delete Google Account from your device.
- If your phone is received with an active Google Account, the trade in will not be completed and phone returned to you.
How do I know if my phone is in good working order?
- The phone must meet the conditions to be in good working order link to details on this
- The phone needs to turn on and off and charge.
- The screen must be undamaged without any fading, cracks, scratches, bleeding, pixel damage, shadows.
- No cosmetic damage to the exterior.
- Where applicable, the battery and back cover must be included. The phone must not be network blocked, reported as stolen or counterfeit.
- On iPhones, the iCloud account can’t be locked.
- On Android, the Google account should be removed.
- Our team will assess your device once it’s received at our processing facility and confirm that the grade / condition is the same as the self-assessment completed online.
- You will the receive an email confirming final grade and confirmation of payment value. For a handset classed as non-working there will be no payment.
- If you agree with the final value, a payment is processed into your TWO DEGREES BILLING ACCOUNT.
- If you decline the final value, your phone is returned to you.
How do I get my trade in payment?
Your trade in payment will be applied to your eligible New device purchased on 2degrees Interest Free Finance.
Do I need to have purchased a new eligible device to trade in my existing device?
Yes. You must have purchased an eligible new device from participating 2degrees retail store. You will need to enter an IMEI number for your new device which gets validated on the Trade In website.
When do I have to send traded in phones by?
If you have completed the online trade in transaction, you should send in your phone ASAP.
We must receive your phone within 7 working days of completing online trade in transaction.
How many phones can I trade in?
You can trade in only one (1) phone per qualifying device purchased.
Where do I send my handset?
A prepaid courier ticket will be supplied to you with the following details:
Unit 6/30 Fleet Street
How quickly does the phone get assessed and value confirmed?
Once phone has been received by the assessment center, assessment can take up to 7-10 working days.
Can I trade in a phone from overseas or another network?
Yes. You can trade in your phone from any network as long as it’s an eligible model and not network locked.
You may have to pay your current network provider an early termination fee, please check with your mobile network provider.
Can I get my new phone now and trade in my old phone later?
Yes. You can purchase an eligible device first now and trade your old device when you’re ready. We suggest you trade in as soon as possible.
Can I trade in before I get my new phone?
No, you need to purchase a qualifying device first to participate.
If you need to keep any personal information from your old device, we suggest keeping your old phone until you are able to transfer the data onto your new one.
What happens to the data on my old phone if I don’t delete it?
You should back-up or transfer your personal data onto your new device prior to trading as once your old phone goes through the data wipe process, the data is unrecoverable.
Your phone’s data will be cleared with highest industry and privacy standards.
Also, if you are trading in an iPhone iOS 7, Find My iPhone must be disabled before trade in. To do this:
- Go to “Settings” and select “iCloud”.
- Turn off “Find my iPhone”
- Enter your Apple ID password
- Select “Turn off”.
If you’re trading in a smartphone from another manufacturer, please make sure you’ve disabled any kind of security lock settings on your phone.
What happens to my old phone?
Your old phone will be resold or recycled using environmentally friendly methods.
Who are CEVA Logistics?
CEVA Logistics is TWO DEGREES MOBILE LIMITEDs Trade in partner for this Promotion. CEVA Logistics operate independently of TWO DEGREES MOBILE LIMITED and is the entity that values and purchases handsets traded in.
Who can I contact if I have a question about the phone I have traded in?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Response to emails will be made within 24hrs of query during business hours (Mon-Fri. 9am to 5pm).
My new device IMEI number is not being recognised by the trade in website?
Email your new device IMEI number and proof of purchase to email@example.com.
Can I trade my phone in, what is it worth?
Please check in store or check our website (eligibility checker) to find out.