Those who get ahead in New Zealand business are using digital tools and emerging technology to drive productivity according to our latest Shaping Business Study. The 2degrees Digital Accelerator, is a new programme designed to unlock two businesses' digital potential. Successful applicants will receive an in-depth business assessment and bespoke recommendation from Smudge, plus a $50k investment towards an optimised digital and technology package and 12 month Chamber of Commerce membership.
$50k investment in your business's digital growth
2degrees Business are committed to provide two Kiwi businesses with the opportunity to get ahead of the digital curve.
We exist at the intersection of design, software development and business consultancy
See how Smudge builds successful digital experiences for leading public and private entities.
Chamber of Commerce
12 month membership
Grow your network with like-minded, local business people thanks to a 12 month membership to your area’s Chamber of Commerce.
The two winning businesses will be selected by 2degrees (at its sole discretion) based on answers provided in the entry form. An additional short video interview may also be required.
Entries close 23rd February 2024. The two winning businesses will be selected by 8th March 2024 and contacted using the details provided on the application by 15th March 2024.
In addition to the $50K prize, the two winning businesses will get access to two full days of discovery and ideation workshops with experts from Smudge which are likely to be split across several sessions. The goal of these sessions will be to assess the areas where your business would most benefit from focusing the $50K digital accelerator investment.
A key outcome from the business assessment with Smudge will be a robust plan for how to direct the $50K investment. The plan is likely to include: which business problem(s) the investment will tackle, how success will be measured, what resources will be required, how the project will be executed from a technical point of view, and how roles / responsibilities will be divided up during the project. Upon receiving Smudge’s recommendations, 2degrees will work with the business to implement the $50K investment, however, 2degrees will have sole discretion regarding the implementation of the $50K investment.
The business assessment with Smudge will kick off with a 1-2 hour introduction call, followed by a series of in-person workshops, split across several days. The Smudge workshops should be wrapped up within 30 days of the kick-off call. The implementation of the $50k investment should be wrapped up within 12 months of the introduction call with Smudge.
While some interactions - such as the kick off call - can take place via video call, to get the best result from the discovery workshops we anticipate that these will be conducted in person. The in-person workshops will be held at the winning businesses workplace, or an appropriate venue as agreed with the winning business, Smudge and 2degrees.
2degrees and Smudge will work with the winning business to decide who are the most appropriate people to attend.
We’ll document your journey from winning the prize, doing the business assessment with Smudge, the implementation of the $50k investment and the efficiencies generated for your business. This will be a video format that is pushed out through media and will provide additional promotion for your business.
No, but you will be required to become a 2degrees business customer if you are successful upon acceptance of the prize. You can either utilise some of your prize money towards 12 months of services, or choose to cover this cost separately.
You must have a registered NZ business, or not for profit organisation, and have authority to enter on behalf of the business with a physical location in NZ
2degrees Business – Digital Accelerator Competition Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to the 2degrees Business – Digital Accelerator Promotion (Competition) conducted by Two Degrees Mobile Limited, 136 Fanshawe Street, Auckland 1010, New Zealand (2degrees) whereby 2degrees will pay for two businesses to receive a $50,000 digital accelerator package as set out in clause 7 below.
- Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Promotion begins on 24 November 2023 and ends on 23 February 2024.
- To be eligible for the Promotion you must:
- be the business owner of, or otherwise have authority to enter on behalf of, a local business with a physical location in New Zealand;
- enter the Competition during the Competition Period by providing the requested information at the Competition webpage at https://www.2degrees.nz/business/digital-accelerator;
- not be an employee or contractor of 2degrees or its related entities, or a family member of such employees or contractors; and
- if you are not an existing customer, the Prize is conditional upon you joining up to 2degrees as a customer. See clause 13 for more details.
- You can only enter your business into the Competition once.
- Valid entries are eligible to win 1 of 2 digital accelerator packages paid for by 2degrees Business, each valued at $50,000 excluding GST and additional inclusions listed below (Prize). The Prize will include the following:
- Business assessment with 2degrees’ partner, Smudge. For more information see clause 11;
- $50,000 towards a business solution (as identified by Smudge) and agreed at 2degrees sole discretion; and
- 12-month chamber of commerce membership (within the region of your business address).
- From the valid entries, 2degrees representatives will select two (2) winners for the Prize by 8 March 2024.
- 2degrees will contact the Winner(s) by the phone and/or email details provided in each Winner’s Promotion entry by 15 March 2024, to arrange details of the Prize once 2degrees has verified the Winner’s identity. 2degrees is not responsible or liable for any incorrect details provided by a Winner.
- If three unsuccessful attempts have been made to contact a Winner over 24 hours, or if a Winner is unable or unwilling to receive the Prize for any reason, 2degrees reserves the right to select a new Winner from the valid entries.
- 2degrees shall determine how the Prize will be utilised, in collaboration with each Winner (at 2degrees’ final discretion), by way of conducting a digital audit with 2degrees’ partner, Smudge, of the Winner’s business (“Digital Audit”) ( The Digital Audit must be scheduled within 30 days from the initial kick off call with 2degrees and Smudge (“Initial Kick-off Call”).
- The Prize (including the Digital Audit) must be consumed within 12 months of the Winner participating in the Initial Kick-off Call.
- If you are not an existing 2degrees customer, you will be required to become a 2degrees customer. You can either use the Prize towards a 12-month contract with 2degrees (or otherwise cover the cost of the 2degrees services separately).
- Travel costs are not included with the Prize.
- Winners must supply logos, imagery, offer details, and any other materials or information as required as part of the Prize.
- 2degrees’ decision on all matters regarding the Prize, the Winners and all other aspects of the Promotion is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash or credit.
- As a Winner:
- you agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) providing all required information (including sales information), being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and you consent and grant 2degrees a perpetual right to use any of your business’ intellectual property (including its name and/or logo) in any such marketing and editorial material without further reference, payment or other compensation to you.
- You also give 2degrees permission to use the information provided to contact you for business sales and marketing purposes; and
- you may not use the 2degrees name, logo, branding or other intellectual property to publicise your win or for any other reason without the prior written consent of 2degrees.
- 2degrees reserves the right to:
- extend, change or terminate the Promotion at any time; and
- withdraw the provision of the Prize to a Winner at its sole discretion, including if it has reasonable ground to believe that the Winner or any of its agents are engaged in fraudulent behaviour or are subject to legal proceedings or is likely to bring 2degrees’ name, reputation or image into disrepute or prejudicially affect it by continuing to be associated with the Winner.
- 2degrees assumes no responsibility for, and entrants release 2degrees from any loss, claim, damage or injury to a person or property as a result of the entrant’s participation in the Promotion (including, but not limited to, the consumption of the Prize), or the conduction of the Promotion generally, including any inaccurate, lost, late or misdirected entries or prizes (except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law).
*Terms and conditions were updated on the 23rd of January 2024 to reflect an extension to the entry period.