Trade In Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 29 July 2020
- These specific terms and conditions apply in addition to the Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions , Business Terms and Conditions , Business Account Terms and Conditions and any specific terms and conditions relating to your Account and/or Plan offered by 2degrees as published at 2degreesmobile.co.nz (together, Applicable Terms and Conditions ).
- Unless stated otherwise, words and phrases in these specific terms and conditions have the same meaning given to them in the Applicable Terms and Conditions. In addition:
“ 2degrees ” (“we” or “us”) means Two Degrees Mobile Limited and its employees, agents and third parties appointed by 2degrees to perform any act on its behalf.
“ Device List ” means the list of Eligible Trade In Devices, as in store, and updated regularly by 2degrees.
“ Fake device ” means a counterfeit device which is manufactured to resemble a device made by another company in breach of copyright (or other applicable law).
“ Eligible Trade In Device ” means any Promotion Trade In Device, and any device on our Device List, being Fully Functional at the time of the Trade In, which you release to 2degrees as part of the Trade In.
“ Fully Functional ” means the Eligible Trade In Device is able to be turned on and the display must be fully functioning with no damage, cracks or blemishes to the screen and no breaks, cracks, or other defects and all locks removed.
“ Lost, Blocked or Stolen device ” means a device that has been reported as either lost or blocked or stolen, as recorded in any of the stolen asset registers or “Blacklist” register maintained by the NZ Police and/or New Zealand mobile operators.
“ Promotion Trade In Device ” means a device 2degrees notifies as eligible to Trade In as part of a special promotion from time to time.
“ Trade In Value ” means the value of your Eligible Trade In Device as stated on the Device List on the day you complete the Trade In.
“ Trade In for Device Credit ” means a transaction whereby you Trade In any Eligible Trade In Device as part-payment for a new device on an eligible new or resigned 2degrees Plan.
“ Trade In Promotion ” means any promotion conducted by 2degrees from time to time whereby you Trade In any Promotion Trade In Device, sign up or resign on a 2degrees Plan, and receive a benefit notified by 2degrees as being part of that promotion.
“ Trade In ” means the act of surrendering your Eligible Trade In Device to 2degrees as part of either a Trade In for Device Credit, or a Trade In Promotion, as applicable.
- These Trade In Terms and Conditions apply if you Trade In an Eligible Trade In Device or when you resign or sign up to a 2degrees Plan.
- You must be 18 years of age or over to complete a Trade In.
- Trade Ins are only available at participating 2degrees branded stores and approved multi-branded retailer stores.
- Eligibility for Trade Ins is at all times at the sole discretion of 2degrees.
Trade In for Device Credit
- Trade In Value cannot be used to pay any amount owing on your Bill, add airtime credit to your Account, or be redeemed for cash.
Trade In at 2degrees branded stores
- If you:
(a) Trade In an Eligible Trade In Device at a 2degrees branded store; and
(b) elect to receive device credit at the time of Trade In,
you will receive an amount equal to the Trade In Value of that Eligible Trade In Device, which you may put towards the purchase of a new device on an eligible 2degrees Plan.
Trade In at approved multi-branded retailer stores
- If you:
Agree once you receive your new device to visit the customer online Trade In portal: https://www.xchangemobile.com/NZ/2degrees and send your device to Ingram Micro within 7 days for assessment. They will contact you to confirm the price and this amount if accepted will be credited to your 2degrees account within 20 days.
Trade In Promotion
- 2degrees may, from time to time, run a Trade In Promotion, which allows you to Trade In your Promotion Trade In Device, and receive a benefit other than device credit. Such benefit is at 2degrees’ sole discretion, and will be notified as part of the Trade In Promotion.
- You must elect to take part in the Trade In Promotion at the time of Trade In.
- By trading in your Eligible Trade In Device, you confirm that you are the sole owner of that device, you have the right to sell or dispose of that device to any third party and it is free and clear of all security interests, liens and other encumbrances (including, but not limited to, any security interest as defined in the Personal Properties Securities Act 1999).
Removal of SIM card and personal information
- You are responsible for removing your SIM card and deleting any other personal information (e.g. by returning the device to factory default settings) from the Eligible Trade In Device before completing the Trade In.
- If you fail to remove your SIM card and/or delete all personal information from the Eligible Trade In Device, you acknowledge that your personal information may come into the possession of third parties, and you agree to release us from all claims, losses or damages with respect to the SIM card, Eligible Trade In Device or any personal information whether arising before or after you release your Eligible Trade In Device to us.
- We accept no responsibility in relation to the security, protection, confidentiality or use of any personal information which is stored (and not deleted) on your Eligible Trade In Device.
Functionality of Eligible Trade In Device
- Each Eligible Trade In Device must be Fully Functional when offered as a Trade In.
Lost, Blocked or Stolen, or Fake Devices
- A device which is determined by us to be a Lost, Blocked or Stolen device or a Fake device cannot be offered as a Trade In.
- We reserve the right to reclaim any or all of the Trade In Value that you received as part of a Trade In if it is discovered within three months of the Trade In, that the device is a Lost, Blocked or Stolen device, or a Fake device.
- We reserve the right to inform the relevant authorities if there is any suspicion that there is a deliberate attempt to commit fraud.
Disclosure of your personal information