Retired 2degrees Plans Terms and Conditions 25 August 2017
These terms and conditions apply to you if you have signed up to a 2degrees Pay Monthly Plan set out below prior to 25 August 2017, unless you were signed up to the:
- $29.95 Plan, in which case your plan from 25 August 2017 is now the $30 Carryover Plan (with a monthly Plan charge of $29.95) and the new Carryover Plans Terms and Conditions will apply.
- $89.95 Plan, in which case your plan from 25 August 2017 is now the $70 Carryover Plan and the new Carryover Plans Terms and Conditions will apply.
- These terms and conditions apply in addition to our Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions and any other specific terms and conditions applying to your Plan or Account with 2degrees.
- In the case of inconsistency with these terms and the Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions, these terms will prevail. Unless stated otherwise, capitalised terms used in these terms and conditions shall have the same meaning given to them in the Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions, provided that reference to:
- Unlimited Calls has the meaning given in clause 13 of these terms and conditions;
- Unlimited Text has the meaning given in clause 16 of these terms and conditions;
- Plan means a plan described in clause 6 of these terms and conditions; and Plan Benefit means the minutes, text and data allocation under each Plan as set out in clause 6.
- The rates and conditions below apply to you when you use your Mobile Phone (or other device) in New Zealand.
- If you are a customer who prior to 16 February 2015 signed up to a Freedom Term $29.95, $39.95 or $49.95 Carryover Plans or a Freedom Term $69 Share Everything Plan, then from 16 February 2015 (inclusive) your Carryover Plan or Share Everything Plan has been replaced with a Plan of an equivalent price point (as set out in clause 6 below) and you are subject to these terms and conditions.
- All rates are inclusive of GST.
- Subject to these terms and conditions, you may sign up to the following Plans:
|$29.95 Plan||$39.95 Plan||$49.95 Plan||$69.95 Plan||$89.95 Plan|
|Minutes||300 Carryover Minutes to NZ and Aussie||400 Carryover Minutes to NZ and Aussie||
Unlimited* Calls to NZ and Aussie
Unlimited* Text to NZ and Aussie
|NZ Data||1GB NZ Carryover Data||1.5GB NZ Carryover Data||2.5GB NZ Carryover Data||5GB NZ Carryover Data||8GB NZ Carryover Data|
*Fair Use Policy applies.
- Unless otherwise stated in these terms and conditions, Minutes are only valid for voice calls to any standard landline or mobile in New Zealand and Australia.
- Carryover Minutes allocated under a Plan will be pro-rated up to the Billing Date following activation of that Plan, and thereafter will be allocated on each Billing Date.
- If you do not use your full allocation of Carryover Minutes during your Billing month, your unused Carryover Minutes for that Billing month will be carried over to the following Billing month. Carryover Minutes (if not used) can be accrued for up to 12 months and will expire on the day prior to the first anniversary of the Billing Date on which these minutes were first allocated to you. During any Billing month, your accrued Carryover Minutes (if any) will always be used before any new allocation of Carryover Minutes for that Billing month.
- If you consume all of your Carryover Minutes while you are on a call, you will be charged the standard per minute rate for the remainder of the call and for any subsequent calls in accordance with our Pay Monthly Standard Rates Terms and Conditions until you are allocated further Carryover Minutes on your next Billing Date.
- Carryover Minutes cannot be used to make calls to premium rate numbers (for example 0900, 018), voicemail or satellite phones.
- All calls are rounded up to the next whole minute.
- You will be charged a 0 cent per minute rate for all calls to any standard mobile or landline in New Zealand and Australia on each Billing Date for the term of your applicable Plan provided you pay the applicable Plan Charge.
- Unlimited Calls cannot be used to make calls to premium rate numbers (e.g. 018, 0900) or satellite phones.
- Our Fair Use Policy applies to Unlimited Calls. For the avoidance of doubt your use of Unlimited Calls must be person to person use consistent with our estimate of reasonable use of this service (referencing standard and/or estimated customer profiles). We may take action if we consider your use to be in breach of the Fair Use Policy. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Fair Use Policy, which forms part of our standard Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions and is published by us at www.2degreesmobile.co.nz/fairusepolicy.
- You will be charged a 0 cent per text rate for all text messages sent to any standard mobile in New Zealand and Australia on each Billing Date for the term of your Plan provided you pay the applicable Plan Charge.
- Unlimited Text cannot be used for MMS or texts to premium rate numbers.
- Our Fair Use Policy applies to Unlimited Text. For the avoidance of doubt, Unlimited Text is only available for person to person use consistent with our estimate of reasonable use of this service (referencing standard and/or estimated customer profiles). We may take action if we consider your use to be in breach of the Fair Use Policy. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Fair Use Policy, which forms part of the Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions and is published by us at 2degreesmobile.co.nz/fairusepolicy.
- NZ Data is allocated on your Billing Date and can only be used in New Zealand.
- If you do not use your full allocation of NZ Data during your Billing month, your unused NZ Data for that Billing month will be carried over to the following Billing month. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, this carry over NZ Data is referred to as “Carryover Data”. Carryover Data (if not used) can be accrued for up to 12 months and will expire on the day prior to the first anniversary of the Billing Date on which this NZ Data was first allocated to you. During any Billing month, your Carryover Data (if any) will always be used before the NZ Data allocation for that Billing month
- If you consume all the NZ Data available under your Plan in any Billing month you must purchase a Data Add On to continue using data services until a new allocation of NZ Data is made under your Plan on your next Billing Date. You will be charged for any Data Add On purchased by you in accordance with the terms of that Add On.
- Data usage per session is rounded up to the nearest 5.12KB increment. Minimum data usage per session of 20.48KB applies.
Terminating your Freedom Term Plan
- You can terminate your Plan at any time prior to your next Billing Date by calling Customer Care on 200.
- You will be liable to pay all Charges outstanding in respect of your Plan on termination of that Plan.
Changing your Plan
- Subject to clause 27, you can change your Plan to a new available Plan at any time by calling Customer Care.
- We will apply your Plan transfer charge (if applicable) on your next applicable Bill.
- We may refuse to transfer you on to a new Plan if you have not paid all of the outstanding Charges relating to your Account with us.
Transferring or switching to another Service or Plan
- You may be able to transfer your Plan to another Service or Account made available by 2degrees from time to time, subject to these terms and conditions and any other terms and conditions applicable to those Services, Plans or Accounts.
- Any transfer charge will be applied in the next applicable Bill received by you (if applicable).
- We may refuse to transfer your Plan if you have not paid all of the outstanding Charges relating to your Plan.
- If you transfer your Plan in accordance with these terms you will lose all unused Plan Benefits, any bonus rewards or other benefits associated with your Plan.
- If you are transferring your existing Plan to a Plan under a 2degrees Business Account (with the same Plan Charge and remaining term) you will not be charged any Plan transfer charges.
- You may purchase Add Ons in conjunction with your Plan in accordance with the specific terms and conditions relating to those Add Ons as published by 2degrees on its website at www.2degreesmobile.co.nz. You will be responsible for any applicable Add On Charges.
- Any Add Ons you purchase will commence on the date of purchase. Add On Charges will be included in your next Bill, and subsequent Bills where the Add On is recurring, from commencement until you end the Add On.
- If you terminate your Plan and transfer to a Prepay Account you may lose all unused Add On benefits on transferring to a Prepay Account, and the Add On(s) will stop recurring. You will need to re-purchase the Add On(s) to your Prepay Account to continue to receive those Add On benefits.
- If you transfer your Plan to another Plan or Service offered by 2degrees from time to time you may lose all unused Add On benefits and your Add On(s) may terminate on the date of transfer to your new Plan or Service.
- Unless provided otherwise by the terms of a Plan, all Services are charged at the standard rates set out in our Pay Monthly Standard Rates Terms and Conditions.
- Subject to any Add On conditions, the voice, text and data benefits of your Plan that expire first will be used first.
- Your Plan Charge and Plan Benefits will be pro-rated from the date of Activation of your Plan until your first Billing Date.
- Because we charge for Services after you use them (in arrears) you will receive a final Bill on your final Billing Date covering your final month of Plan Charge and all other Charges incurred up to your final Billing Date.
- You will remain liable for all Charges incurred up to the date we end your Account with us.
- Plan Benefits cannot be transferred to any other person or to another account you or any other person may have with us.
- We may change the Plan Benefits under any Plan, or these terms and conditions from time to time. Any changes will be notified to you in accordance with our obligations under the Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions.
Article last updated on