Retired - Talk & Text Packs Terms and Conditions
- These specific terms and conditions apply in addition to our Prepay Terms and Conditions and Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions (as applicable to you). Capitalised terms not defined in these terms and conditions have the meaning described in the Prepay Terms and Conditions.
- The rates and conditions below apply when you use your Mobile Phone (or other device) in New Zealand only and have subscribed to a Talk & Text Pack.
- The following Talk & Text Packs may be purchased by you in accordance with these terms:
|Add On||Cost (incl. GST)||Included in Add On||Validity Period (from date of purchase)||Recurring|
|$8 Talk & Text||$8||60 Carryover Minutes
Prepay Plus only - 250 texts to any standard mobile in New Zealand and Australia
|$19 Talk & Text||$19||200 Carryover MinutesPrepay Plus only:
Unlimited Text (subject to our Fair Use Policy) to any standard mobile in New Zealand and Australia
Free calling to 2degrees mobiles.
- Carryover Minutes and any text entitlement included in a Talk & Text Pack are only valid for voice calls and texts to any standard landline or mobile in New Zealand and Australia. Calls and texts to premium rate numbers and satellite phones are excluded.
If you are a Prepay Customer purchasing a Talk & Text Pack then the following applies to you:
- Your Talk & Text Pack is valid 1 month from the date of purchase (Validity Period) and will automatically renew each month thereafter (Renewal Date) if there is sufficient Re-charge Credit on your Prepay Account at the time of renewal (e.g. if you purchased your Talk & Text $8 Talk & Text Pack on 5 January, it will automatically renew on 5 February and on the 5th day of each month thereafter).
- If you do not have enough Re-charge Credit on your Prepay Account to pay for the renewal of your Talk & Text Pack on its Renewal Date, the Carryover Minute Combo will not renew and will go on hold for 14 days from the Renewal Date.
- If you top up your Prepay Account with sufficient Re-charge Credit while your Talk & Text Pack is on hold, the Talk & Text Pack will automatically renew and future renewals will occur on the date of this top up. This is your new Renewal Date. If you do not top up your Prepay Account within the 14 days your Talk & Text Pack will be cancelled and you will need to purchase a new Talk & Text Pack if you wish to have it again.
- You can stop your Talk & Text Pack from renewing any time prior to its Renewal Date or while the Talk & Text Pack is on hold.
- We will do our best to send you a text before your Renewal Date to remind you to top-up and will also do our best to send you a text if your Talk & Text Pack does not renew for any reason. We won’t be liable to you if you do not receive this text.
- If your Talk & Text Pack is cancelled in accordance with clause 8 or clause 9, you will lose all unused minute and text benefits including any accrued Carryover Minutes at the end of that Talk & Text Pack’s Validity Period.
- You may purchase as many Talk & Text Packs as you require at any one time. If you purchase more than one Talk & Text Pack, your oldest Talk & Text Pack will always be used first. Only your most recently purchased Talk and Text Pack will auto-renew in accordance with clause 6.
- Provided that you have an active Talk & Text Pack or Carryover Minute Combo (together the “Carryover Packs”)on your Prepay Account, any Carryover Minutes that you do not use during the Validity Period of your Carryover Pack will be carried over to the next month on your Carryover Pack’s Renewal Date. Unused Carryover Minutes can be accrued for up to 12 months and will expire on the day prior to the anniversary of the date when they were first allocated (the “Carryover Period”), provided that during the Carryover Period you have one type of Carryover Pack active on your Prepay Account at all times.
- If you cancel a Carryover Pack or your Carryover Pack does not renew, and you have no other active Carryover Pack on your Prepay Account, then you will lose any accrued Carryover Minutes available on your Prepay Account. If your only remaining Carryover Pack is on hold in accordance with clause 7, you will not be able to use any accrued Carryover Minutes under your Prepay Account until that Carryover Pack is successfully renewed or you purchase another Carryover Pack during the hold period.
- Carryover Minutes that have carried over from a previous month (if any) will always be used before any new allocation of Carryover Minutes under your Talk & Text Pack.
- If you consume all your Carryover Minutes (and all other minute benefits available to you under your Prepay Account) while you are on a call, you will be charged the standard rates for the remainder of the call and any subsequent calls in accordance with our Prepay Plus Rates Terms and Conditions.
- All calls are rounded up to the next whole minute.
- Each time you make a call to voicemail one minute will be deducted from your available Carryover Minutes. Where you elect to stop your available Talk & Text Pack before the end of its Validity Period, your unused Carryover Minutes remaining will be used towards making calls to voicemail, and thereafter you will be charged 20 cent per call to voicemail in accordance with our Prepay Plus Rates Terms and Conditions.
Texts - limited allocation
- Any limited text allocation available under a Talk & Text Pack will expire at the end of its Validity Period and any texts not used within the Validity Period will be lost. If you consume all of your available texts during the Validity Period of your Talk & Text Pack (and all other text benefits available to you under your Prepay Account), you will be charged at our standard rates, as set out in our Prepay Plus Rates Terms and Conditions.
Text – unlimited allocation
- Where Unlimited Text is provided under a Talk & Text Pack you will be allocated all text messages at 0 cent per text to any standard mobile in New Zealand and Australia on your purchase date and each Renewal Date of your Carryover Combo (subject to the successful payment by you of the Pack Price).
- Unlimited Text cannot be used for MMS or texts to premium rate numbers.
- Our Fair Use Policy applies to Unlimited Text. For the avoidance of doubt Unlimited Text is only available for person to person use consistent with our estimate of reasonable use of this service (referencing standard and/or estimated customer profiles). We may take action if we consider your use to be in breach of the Fair Use Policy. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Fair Use Policy, which forms part of the Prepay Terms and Conditions and is published by us at www.2degreesmobile.co.nz/fairusepolicy.
Free Calling to 2degrees Mobiles
- You will receive free calling to standard 2degrees mobiles with your $19 Talk & Text Pack. Our Fair Use Policy applies to Free Calling to 2degrees Mobiles.
- Your $19 Talk & Text Pack must be active for you to receive Free Calling to 2degrees Mobiles.
- The minutes available to you under the Free Calling to 2degrees Mobiles entitlement will not appear on Your 2degrees or on the 2degrees Mobile Application.
Transferring to a Pay Monthly or Business Account
- If you are transferring from a Prepay Account to a Plan or other Service offered by 2degrees on a Pay Monthly or Business Account from time to time, your Talk & Text Pack will not be transferred to your Plan and will be cancelled, however you will keep your current and accrued Carryover Minutes entitlement which will carryover over for up to 12 months, expiring on the day prior to the anniversary date of when they were first allocated (if not used prior in accordance with these terms). Text benefits will not be transferred and will be cancelled on the date of transfer.
If you are a Customer on a Pay Monthly or Business Account the following applies to you:
- Your Talk & Text Pack will be applied to your Plan on purchase and will automatically renew on your Billing Date, and thereafter will be renewed each month on your Billing Date. For example, if you purchase your Initial Pack on 29 July and the next Billing Date for your Account is 1 August, your Initial Pack will automatically renew on 1 August, and thereafter monthly on each Billing Date.
- You will be billed for your Talk & Text Pack on each Billing Date. Your initial purchased Talk & Text Pack will not be pro-rated to your Billing Date (you will receive your full Carryover Minute entitlement to use up to that Billing Date).
- If you do not use your full allocation of Carryover Minutes under your Talk & Text Pack during your Billing month, your unused Carryover Minutes will be carried over to the following Billing month and will be accrued for up to 12 months, expiring on the day prior to the anniversary of the date when they were first allocated (if not used prior in accordance with these terms).
- You can purchase as many of the same Talk & Text Packs as you require in any Billing month, however, only the first Talk & Text Pack (of the same type) that you purchased will renew on each Billing Date. The additional Talk & Text Packs purchased will not renew.
- Accrued Carryover Minutes associated with your Plan will always be used before any new allocated Plan minute entitlement. If you use up all your Plan and Talk & Text Pack minute entitlements, and any other minute entitlements applicable to your Plan, during your Billing month, you will be charged the standard rates applicable to your Plan for any further usage.
Transferring to a Prepay Account
- If you transferring from your Plan to a Prepay Account, then on the date of your successful transfer your applicable Talk & Text Pack will be cancelled and you will lose all unused minute benefits, including any accrued Carryover Minutes, under the Talk & Text Pack.
Article last updated on