How to make regular or one-off payments by online banking or with a direct debit or credit card
In this article
The best way to pay your 2degrees Pay Monthly, Business or Broadband account is by setting up a Direct Debit, but you can choose any of the below ways to pay your bill. We recommend Direct Debit because it is easier to set up and is flexible enough to take care of the billed amount, no matter what it is.
Please note, we don’t accept cash or cheque payments and that a 1.75% Card Payment Fee applies to payment charges made using a credit card or debit card.
Automatic payments by direct debit or credit card
An automatic payment is a regular payment you can arrange with your bank. You specify which bank account the payment will be made from, the amount to be paid, and how often the payment will be made (for example, a specific date each month, perhaps a couple of days before your Pay Monthly payment is due). This is the best option if the payment amount will always be the same. To make an automatic payment, you will need to arrange a DDA or CCA.
What is a DDA?
A direct debit authority (DDA) form gives 2degrees authorisation to deduct money from your account at regular intervals. This is a good way to make regular payments of varying amounts.
If you’d like to set up a direct debit, you will need to fill out a DDA (Direct Debit Authority) form within Your 2degrees. You need to have your bank account number handy, but you do not need to know your card number.
What is a CCA?
If you would like to make regular payments to your 2degrees account via a credit card, you’ll need to complete a Credit Card Authority (CCA). CCA is for credit card or VISA or Mastercard debit card holders only. You will need to supply a card number, expiry date, name on the card and CVV number. This information is stored with Paymark and not with 2degrees.
Please note, a 1.75% card payment fee applies to all Pay Monthly or Business credit card payments including Credit Card Authorities.
How do I set up recurring automatic Direct Debit (DDA) payments?
It's easy to set up a Direct Debit Authority, just complete the online form and the payment will be deducted automatically on the bill due date.
You can organise for payments to automatically be taken from your bank account weekly, fortnightly, or monthly depending on your chosen billing cycle.
- Login to Your 2degrees, and navigate to the dashboard for the account you'd like to add a payment to
- Click Payment Methods, which is under the blue Make a Payment button
- Click Add direct debit authority
- Enter your bank account details and confirm you have authority on the account
- Accept the Terms and Conditions, then click Set up my Direct Debit now
How do I set up an automatic credit or debit card payment?
A simple way to always pay your bill on time is to set up a monthly automatic payment using a credit or debit card authority. This means that you give us the authority to charge your card each month on an agreed day. You can set one up now in Your 2degrees. A 1.75% fee applies to payments made using a Credit or Debit Card.
- Login to Your 2degrees and navigate to the dashboard for the account you'd like to add a payment to
- Click Payment Methods, which is under the blue Make a Payment button
- Click Add credit card authority
- Enter your card details and confirm you have authority on the account
- Accept the Terms and Conditions, then click Set up my Credit Card Payments now
How can I change my automatic payment from a credit card to my bank account (and vice versa)?
Changing payment methods is a cinch in Your 2degrees. Log in, navigate to the My Profile tab, click on Payment Methods, and pick the one you wish to change to - either Direct Debit Authority (DDA) for bank accounts or Credit Card Authority (CCA) for credit card.
Fill in the details, hit submit and we'll do the rest for you.
Please note, a 1.75% card payment fee applies to all Pay Monthly Credit Card payments including Credit Card Authorities.
How do I make a single payment by credit or debit card?
You can pay your bill with a credit or debit card via the 2degrees App, Your 2degrees, or by dialling 201. Remember that a 1.75% fee applies to payments made using a credit or debit card.
In the app, you can make a one-off or single payment by navigating to Menu > Payments and Bills > Billing > Make a Payment
Pay Monthly and Business mobile customers can also make single payments online here.
If you choose to dial 201 and follow the prompts to make a payment, you will need to have your 2degrees PIN handy as well as your account number and your credit/debit card.
Don’t have a credit or debit card? No problem – POLi allows you to pay for your 2degrees purchases or mobile services straight from your bank account using internet banking. It’s safe, secure and there are no bank fees either.
Why is there a $1 charge on my Credit Card statement?
If you store any credit card online, we'll temporarily charge $1 to authorise it. Don’t worry though, this $1 'hold' will disappear from your statement within a few days. Check in with your bank for more details on when this charge will drop off.
Paying online by internet banking
Internet banking is available for all services except for Prepay mobile.
Prepay customers who bank with BNZ can top up their 2degrees mobile via the BNZ app. If you’re a Prepay customer with another bank, POLi is a quick and easy way to top up.
Pay Monthly, Broadband and Business customers: pop onto your bank's internet banking page and either make a one-off payment or schedule a recurring payment.
You only need to do this once and then you'll be set up for future payments.
- When searching for our company name, start searching for ‘Two Degrees’. As you begin searching, you should see the following options appear as suggestions:
- Two Degrees Mobile Limited (Mobile Services)
- Two Degrees New Zealand Ltd (Broadband Services)
Depending on which kind of bill you’re making the payment for, you should choose the appropriate payee
- When you're asked to enter the particulars or reference number, please use your account number (this can be found on the top section of your bill)
- Remember to allow a few business days for the payment to appear on your 2degrees account
How do I make a one-off payment to have my broadband suspension lifted?
There are two ways you can make a one-off payment to your 2degrees Broadband account to have your suspension lifted.
- Log into 'Your 2degrees Broadband'
- Click on 'Payments'
- Use your credit card to 'Make a Payment' under the 'Payment History' heading
This is the best option since it ensures we receive the payment immediately. Please note, a 1.75% Card Payment Fee applies.
You can also make a one-off payment through internet banking. Please note that payments made via internet banking can take anywhere between 24 and 48 hours to clear into our account. To simplify this process, we suggest setting us up as a biller / payee.
- Log into your online banking account of your current bank
- Navigate to the ‘Bill Payments’ section
- Search for ‘Two Degrees New Zealand Limited (Broadband Services)’
Doing it this way means your bank will give you all the information you need, including our bank details. If you can't find us in you bank's list of payees, you can use these details (Broadband only)
- Name: Two Degrees NZ LTD (Broadband Services)
- Account Number: 02-0820-0188002-000
Please ensure you use your Broadband customer number as the payment reference. Your customer number is a 7-digit number found at the top right corner of your invoice.
NOTE: To setup your automatic payment method, log into Your 2degrees Broadband online, go to the ‘My Profile’ tab and select 'Payment Method'. If you're making a one-off payment, please ensure you do it the evening before your automatic payment is charged. If we do not receive your one-off payment before this time, your payment will be debited as per the normal process via your bank account or payment card.
How do I use POLi to pay mobile bills or top-up online?
POLi is a quick and free payment option that allows you to make a bill payment for your Pay Monthly mobile or top-up your Prepay mobile straight from your bank account. It’s safe and secure and lets you use your Internet banking to make a one-off payment. There are no fees and you don’t have to register – simply follow the prompts.
If you’re with one of the following banks, you can use POLi to pay for your 2degrees bill:
- Bank Direct
- TSB Bank
When you pay with POLi, the transaction is protected by your bank's authentication and security. Your confidential information is not disclosed to any third party, including us. POLi does not capture usernames or passwords.
How to use POLi
- Select the internet Banking (POLi) payment option on our website or the Online Banking icon in our mobile app
- Select your bank and log in to your bank account using POLi
- Follow the prompts to complete the payment
- When you confirm the payment it will go through automatically. You’ll then receive your receipt and POLi lets 2degrees know that you have paid.