Amazon Prime Video subscription help
I’ve already got Amazon Prime Video, how do I get a year free of charge from 2degrees?
If you’re ahead of the curve and already have Amazon Prime Video, don’t worry, you can still get the year on us. You’ll just need to do a few things first.
- Cancel your current Amazon Prime Video subscription
- Wait until near the end of your current Amazon Prime Video billing month
- Sign up to our one of our Unlimited* broadband plans to get a year of Amazon Prime Video on us.
I’ve already got Prime Gaming, but want to get a year of Amazon Prime Video from 2degrees
If you’re already part of the Twitch or Prime Gaming clan, don’t worry, you can still get this included in your Amazon Prime Video membership by linking Amazon Prime Video to your existing Prime Gaming ID. Here’s how.
- Go to gaming.amazon.com
- Click on Try Prime
- You may see a pop-up that says, 'It looks like you're in a Amazon Prime Video only country'. Keep calm and click Continue to carry on.
- When prompted, use your Amazon Prime Video login details to link your accounts
- Follow the steps to connect your Amazon Prime Video and Prime Gaming accounts
What do I get with my Amazon Prime Video subscription?
All of this – and more!
- Access thousands of popular TV episodes and movies. Get your fix of shows like What We Do in the Shadows, The Marvelous Mrs Masiel, Kung Fu Panda and Jack Ryan.
- Watch across different devices, any time. You can stream on your compatible Smart TV, games console, phone, tablet or laptop, any time that tickles your fancy on 3 devices at once.
- Download for offline viewing. Take your favourite show with you on select mobiles and tablets – so you can keep watching without WiFi.
- Prime Gaming (formerly Twitch Prime). Get free PC games and exclusive in-game loot, as well as a free channel subscription on Twitch.tv every month.
Does Amazon Prime Video come with parental controls?
It certainly does. Once you access Amazon Prime Video, you can find the Parental Control settings here.
How do I get Amazon Prime Video?
Here’s how you can get your hot little hands on all the streaming goodness.
Brand new customer or 2degrees mobile-only customer?
We welcome you to join us on any 12-month Unlimited Broadband plan. You can sign up online right now. If you’ve got a Pay Monthly mobile plan with us already, you’ll score a cool $10 a month off your broadband as well.
Already have 2degrees Unlimited* Broadband and haven’t had a year of Amazon Prime Video on us?
Simply re-sign for another 12 months. Pop to Your 2degrees, log in and click on Resign for 12 months and we’ll take care of the rest.
This offer is only available once. If you reach the end of your year free on us and you’re loving having all those games and films at your fingertips, you don’t need to do anything, we’ll automatically add the monthly subscription fee of $8.99 to your broadband bill.
Already with us on a different plan?
Upgrade to any of our 12-month Unlimited Broadband plans. Pop to Your 2degrees, log in and click on Change Plan and select any of our Unlimited Broadband plans.
How do I activate my Amazon Prime Video subscription?
If you’re new to 2degrees Broadband, you may have a little wait before you can access Amazon Prime Video subscription. We’ll send you an activation email after your broadband has been connected and you’ve been billed for the connection.
If you already have Unlimited Broadband, you’ll receive the activation email when you re-sign to your new 12-month term and your request has been processed.
The activation email will contain information about Amazon Prime Video and a button to activate your subscription. Simply click on the button and it’ll take you through to Amazon Prime Video to set up your account.
You have 30 days to activate your subscription from when you receive the link.
I signed up to Amazon Prime Video and didn’t get an activation email
We won’t send the activation email until your broadband is up and running and we have sent you your first bill. If you’ve just signed up with us but your broadband isn’t connected yet, you’ll need to hold fire until we’ve got all our ducks in a row.
If you’ve received your first bill and you still don’t have your activation email, there are a few things you could try.
- Check in your junk/spam folder. Sometimes emails accidentally end up there.
- Search for the email using the search function in your inbox. Maybe you just missed it? The subject line is ‘Your Amazon Prime Video subscription is ready’
- If you’ve tried the above solutions and still can’t find the email, get in contact with us on 0800 022 022, select option 9, and we’ll look into what’s happened.
How do I activate my Prime Gaming subscription?
Once your Amazon Prime Video subscription has been activated, you just need to visit the Prime Gaming website; click the blue Try Prime button and follow the steps. You may see a pop-up that says, 'It looks like you're in a Prime Video only country', just click Continue to carry on. Then, when prompted, use your Amazon Prime Video login details to link your accounts. Let the games begin!
What’s the best way to watch Amazon Prime Video?
There are loads of ways to watch, either through the Amazon Prime Video website on your desktop computer or laptop, or through the Amazon Prime Video App. Remember, you can stream Amazon Prime Video on up to 3 devices at a time.
The Amazon Prime Video app is available on the following devices:
- Android smartphones and tablets
- iOS devices (iPhone, iPad & iPod touch)
- Apple TV
- Smart TVs (supported Samsung, Sony & LG models)
- Fire TV Stick Basic Edition
- Fire Tablets
- PlayStation consoles
- Xbox One consoles
To watch Prime Video on Chromecast you’ll need the latest app and software. Check out this Prime Video help page.
How do I set up Amazon Prime Video?
Amazon Prime Video has loads of helpful tips and tricks for setting everything up, check it out here.
What happens at the end of the year on us?
Don’t worry, we won’t cut your streaming short after 12 months. Once your year on us is up, we’ll automatically charge the monthly subscription fee of $8.99 to your broadband bill, so you don’t have to worry about missing any important shows. Had enough? You can cancel any time in Your 2degrees.
My Amazon Prime Video or Prime Gaming isn’t working.
What a pickle. If you’re having trouble with the Amazon Prime Video or Prime Gaming website or app, you’ll need to contact Amazon Prime Video or Prime Gaming directly to see what’s going on. 2degrees, unfortunately, can’t help if it’s something at their end.
Be sure to check the most frequently asked questions on the help pages of the Amazon Prime Video and Prime Gaming websites. If you can’t find a solution for Amazon Prime Video, use their chat support to ask for help. You can contact Prime Gaming here.
If there’s an issue with your broadband and it’s not working as it should, check out our broadband troubleshooting page before getting in touch with us (0800 022 022, select option 9).
Can I watch live TV on Amazon Prime Video?
Sorry, no. Amazon Prime Video is an online video-on-demand service, which does not support live television.
What happens to my Amazon Prime Video subscription if I move house?
If you move to a new house during the year on us, don't worry. As long as you remain a 2degrees Unlimited* Broadband customer you’ll keep Amazon Prime Video and won't be charged. Find out more about moving home with 2degees.
Can I keep my Amazon Prime Video subscription if I leave 2degrees broadband?
Anyone is welcome to sign up for Amazon Prime Video, but if you leave 2degrees broadband, you’ll no longer be eligible to receive a year on us. We’ll cancel your subscription with Amazon Prime Video and you’ll need to sign up with them directly to get a new paid subscription. Keep in mind that early termination charges may apply if you cancel your 2degrees broadband within your contract period.
Troubleshooting your Amazon Prime Video subscription
If you’re having trouble getting your new Amazon Prime Video subscription working, here’s a few reasons things might not be going to plan.
- Has it been more than 30 days since you received your Amazon Prime Video activation email? If so, sorry, your activation link is now expired.
- Are you sure you’re on the right plan? Only our Unlimited Broadband plans are eligible for the Amazon Prime Video offer.
- This is awkward, someone may have already activated your Amazon Prime Video subscription. If you have a shared email account, ask your mum, flattie, or partner if they know what’s up.
- Do you already have an Amazon Prime Video account? No problem, either sign up with a new email address, or cancel your current membership, hang tight until the end of your current billing month, then you can activate your new subscription.
Here’s a handy tip! If your current Amazon Prime Video account is attached to Gmail address, and you don’t want to create a new email account, simply add a ‘+’ and numbers just before the @ symbol. While Gmail reads this as the same email address, Amazon Prime Video will consider this a new address.
So, if your email address is email@example.com, you can use this as your email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I cancel my Amazon Prime Video subscription?
Had enough of a good thing? You can cancel any time. Just log in to Your 2degrees, look for the Amazon Prime Video section of your dashboard and click on Cancel Subscription. Your subscription will stop at the end of your current Amazon Prime Video billing month. You can’t cancel your subscription through your Amazon account. Once your account is cancelled, you will not be able to receive this offer again.
Can I change my broadband plan during the 12-month free subscription to Amazon Prime Video?
In order to keep your Amazon Prime Video year on us subscription, you’ll need to be on any of our Unlimited Broadband plans. If you move to an Unlimited plan on a different type of broadband connection – such as moving from VDSL to Fibre – then you’ll keep your Amazon Prime Video subscription. If you move to an ineligible plan or take an account holiday, unfortunately you’ll lose your subscription.
Things you need to know about your Amazon Prime year on us
- You must be on a 12-month Unlimited Broadband plan to be eligible for the offer.
- Amazon Prime Video on us for a year is valid for 12 months after the date of activation.
- You have 30 days from the date of activation of your eligible broadband plan to activate your Amazon Prime Video subscription.
- One new Amazon Prime Video subscription per eligible 2degrees broadband plan connection.
- If you have an existing Amazon Prime Video subscription, you’ll need to cancel this and start again with a new account to get the offer.
- You can cancel your Amazon Prime Video subscription at any time.
- Cancelling Amazon Prime Video automatically cancels Prime Gaming.
- Early termination charge applies if you disconnect your 2degrees broadband before the end of your broadband term.
- If you want to keep enjoying Amazon Prime Video after your year on us is up, your Amazon Prime Video charge will automatically be applied to your 2degrees broadband bill.
- After 12 months from your activation of Amazon Prime Video, the standard monthly charge for Amazon Prime Video of $8.99 will apply.
- Customer queries relating to the Amazon Prime Video service or content should be directed to Amazon Prime Video.
- Customer queries relating to the Prime Gaming (Twitch Prime) service or content should be directed to Twitch Prime.
- Not available on 2degrees Business, Home Wireless, or Rural Broadband plans.
- Offer is not redeemable or refundable for cash and cannot be exchanged for Amazon Gift Cards.
- Offer is subject to change and restrictions apply.
- Amazon, Prime Video, and all related logos and motion marks are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc.
- 2degrees Broadband Terms and Conditions and Amazon Prime Video 12 months on us terms and conditions apply.