2degrees Data Clock Terms & Conditions
From 15 April 2019 Data Clock maximum speeds reduce to 1 Mbps after 40GB/month per person and hotspotting speeds may be reduced further during periods of network congestion.
- These specific terms and conditions apply in addition to the Prepay Terms and Conditions the Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions (and any other specific terms and conditions you have agreed to). Capitalised terms not defined in these terms and conditions have the meaning described in the Prepay Terms and Conditions and the Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions.
- Data clock data is time-bound mobile data sessions which are available for purchase via the Data Clock App (Data Clock Data). The length of the Data Clock Data session and the associated price is as set out in the Data Clock App (as amended from time to time). (Each time-bound session being a Time Session).
- To be eligible to purchase Data Clock Data you must:
- be a 2degrees Prepay customer (excludes $10 Monthly Prepay Plan) or a 2degrees Pay Monthly customer;
- have a smartphone with iOS 8 or higher or Android smartphone/tablet with Android 4.0 or higher (Eligible Device).Please note the Data Clock App will not be fully functional (including the availability of promotional offers) on jailbroken or rooted devices; and
- have downloaded and completed the registration process for the Data Clock App available on the Android Play Store and/or Apple Store.
- If you have used your Prepay or Pay monthly data allocation and you have downloaded and registered for the Data Clock App, you may continue to consume data at standard casual rates until you purchase your first Time Session.
- Once you have purchased a Time Session, you will not be able to access data at standard casual rates with the mobile phone number you have registered with, unless you de-register the service via the Data Clock App from your Eligible Device.
- You may only use the Data Clock Data in relation to the mobile number that you registered for the Data Clock App with.
Data Clock Data
- Data Clock Data is for your personal use on your Mobile Phone only.
- From 15 April 2019 Data Clock data maximum speeds reduce to 1 Mbps after 40GB of use per calendar month per person and hotspotting speeds may be reduced further during periods of network congestion. You must not use Data Clock for: commercial/non-personal type activities; or in a manner that excessively contributes to network congestion; or compromises network capacity or security.
- Data Clock Data can only be used in New Zealand.
- Data Clock Data can only be purchased as a Time Session.
- A Time Session will begin immediately when you purchase that Time Session. You cannot pre-purchase a Time Session to begin at a specified time in the future.
- You can purchase multiple Time Sessions (up to a maximum of 10 Time Sessions) and these will run consecutively. For example, if you purchase a 1-hour Time Session and then a 3-hour Time Session, you will have a total of 4 hours of Data Clock Data that will run as one continuous 4-hour Time Session.
- A Time Session cannot be paused once it has started.
- Data Clock Data will be used before any other data balance you might have on your Account at the time. For example, Data Clock Data will be used before data entitlements you have under a 2degrees Carryover Plan or Carryover Combo.
- Once your Data Clock Data session has expired, any subsequent data usage will come out of any data entitlement/s you may have. As per paragraph 6 above, you will not be able to access data at standard casual rates in respect of that mobile phone number while you are registered for the Data Clock App.
- Our Fair Use Policy applies to Data Clock Data. Please ensure that you have read and understood this policy (which also forms part of the Prepay Terms and Conditions and Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions and is published by us at 2degreesmobile.co.nz/fairusepolicy). We may take action if we consider your use of Data Clock Data breaches the Fair Use Policy.
- We may offer promotional offerings for Data Clock Data from time to time and, unless stated otherwise, such Data Clock Data will operate in the same manner as Data Clock Data purchased under these terms and conditions. If you refer Data Clock to a 2degrees customer who has not downloaded and registered for the Data Clock App before (Recipient) and 1.) the Recipient downloads and registers for the Data Clock App for the first time and 2.) uses a Time Session, you and the Recipient could each receive a one-off free Time Session (Referral Time Session). The Referral Time Session may be used after any other promotional Time Session(s) is/are first used. The Referral Time Session may expire 12 months from the date it was applied to your Account.