Trade Up Terms and Conditions
Trade Up allows you to upgrade to the latest handset provided you meet the eligibility criteria set out in these terms and conditions.
- On 31st January 2020 we discontinued the ability to sign-up to a new Trade Up. If you are a Pay Monthly customer and signed up to Trade Up prior to 31st January 2020, then these terms and conditions apply to you.
- These terms and conditions apply in addition to our Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions, Business Terms and Conditions, and any other specific terms and conditions applying to your Plan or Account with 2degrees, including the Interest Free Mobile Repayment Option Terms and Conditions.
- You can only redeem your Trade Up when you purchased a new handset on a 24 or 36 month Interest Free Mobile Repayment Option (MRO) together with an eligible Pay Monthly or Business Plan.
- You will be charged an additional $10 (incl. GST) per month for Trade Up. Your initial charge will not be pro-rated, regardless of the time of sign up. Unless you cancel Trade Up, the charge will recur monthly until you exercise the right to upgrade to the latest handset in accordance with clause 5 below or the term of your MRO ends.
- With Trade Up, you will have the right to upgrade to any same model handset provided that:
a) you have paid in full:
- 12 consecutive monthly bills received by you in respect of your 24 month MRO; or
- 18 consecutive monthly bills received by you in respect of your 36 month MRO; and
- there are no current amounts outstanding to be paid on your 2degrees Account; and
b) you return your current handset (or a handset of the same make, model and capacity) in undamaged and in good working condition, and accompanied with any Trade Up documentation required by 2degrees within seven (7) days of exercising your right to upgrade; and
c) you are on an Eligible Plan; and
d) you sign up to a new MRO (for the full price of the new handset) with the new MRO period starting on the date you purchased the new handset.
6. For the purpose of clause 5(b) a handset is undamaged and in good working condition if:
a) it powers on and off; and
b) there is no physical damage to the handset except normal wear and tear (e.g., there is no cracks on the screen or casing, the handset has no liquid damage, there is no damage to any USB or power connector and the SIM reader is not faulty); and
c) the handset works normally and is fit for purpose (e.g. can make and receive calls and connect to the internet); and
d) it is accompanied by the phone battery; and
e) it has all locking features disabled (for example handset passwords or iCloud locking codes); and
f) the handset’s IMEI is not blocked or blacklisted by any New Zealand mobile network.
7. You acknowledge and agree that once you return your current handset all of your information and data stored on that handset will be lost.
8. Subject to clause 9 and 10, once you have upgraded to a new handset on a new MRO in accordance with clause 5, your previous MRO will be cancelled and you will not be required to pay any further charges in respect of your original handset or early termination charges (if applicable). For the avoidance of doubt, any payments made on your original handset are non-refundable.
9. Where you have upgraded to a new handset but your returned original handset does not comply with the conditions set out in clause 5(b), then you will be required to pay 2degrees a compensation fee. The compensation fee will be an amount determined by 2degrees which will not exceed 40% of the retail price of your original handset advertised at the time you signed up to your original MRO (minus any upfront payment made by you for that handset).
10. Where you have upgraded to a new handset but your original handset is never returned, you will be required to pay 2degrees the full balance outstanding on that original handset and any early termination charges that may apply in respect of the cancellation of your previous MRO.
11. Trade Up can be cancelled by you at any time. We may also cancel Trade Up on your MRO for reasons of non-payment of any charges due under your Account or where we terminate your agreement with us, your Account, or any connections to a Service in accordance with the Pay Monthly Account Terms and Conditions and Business Terms and Conditions.
12. You will not receive a refund of any of the payments you have made in respect of Trade Up where you cancel Trade Up on your Eligible Plan. You will also not be able to add Trade Up to that plan or that Eligible Handset again.
13. When exercising an upgrade you will no longer be able to add Trade Up again.