Billing Service for Google Play Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to your use of the 2degrees billing service for Google Play Content and apply in addition to your 2degrees Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions and any specific terms and conditions relating to your Account and/or Plan offered by 2degrees as published at www.2degreesmobile.co.nz, and Google Play’s Terms of Service (together, “Applicable Terms and Conditions”).
- Unless stated otherwise, words and phrases in these specific terms and conditions have the same meaning given to them in the Applicable Terms and Conditions. In addition:
“2degrees Account” means an active 2degrees Pay Monthly Account.
“You” means you, our customer and user of the 2degrees billing service for Google Play Content.
“Content” means digital content available in the Google Play store that can be purchased using the 2degrees billing service.
These specific terms and conditions will prevail in the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any Applicable Terms and Conditions.
- To purchase Google Play Content with a 2degrees Account you will need:
- a Google Play compatible handset;
- an active 2degrees Account;
- to have the Google Play application on your phone.
- to activate the 2degrees billing service for Google Play Content by following the set-up steps here.
- To de-activate the 2degrees billing service for Google Play Content follow the steps here.
Please note that 2degrees Prepay customers are not eligible to purchase Google Play Content via their Prepay account. Instead, Prepay customers can pay Google Play directly with a debit or credit card.
- If you nominate 2degrees as your payment method when purchasing Content from Google Play the cost of the Content will be debited against your Pay Monthly account.
- The Google Play Content purchased or refunded via your 2degrees Account will appear on your next bill in the Nil GST Usage Summary section, and will also be available to view on Your 2degrees. However, trial applications you download from Google Play will not appear unless you subsequently purchase or are charged for that application by Google Play.
- We will apply the following default spend limits for the purchase of Content using a 2degrees Account:
- $200 per month; and
- $60 per transaction.
- If you wish to purchase Content for an amount that exceeds the spend limits at clause 8 above, you will need to use an alternative payment method.
- We do not determine the price for any Google Play Content purchased via your 2degrees Account. All prices are set by Google Play.
- In addition to the price of any Content you may purchase, you will incur data when using the Google Play application or using or downloading Content on the 2degrees network. These data charges will be incurred and charged in accordance with your standard Plan or Pack terms and conditions. If you use Google Play while out of New Zealand you will incur international data roaming charges or applicable local wireless charges.
- We are not responsible for any Google Play Content you access or purchase using your 2degrees Account, or for any loss whatsoever that you may suffer in connection with your access to any Google Play Content. You agree that you have the right to purchase and access the Content.
- Use or purchase of Google Play Content will be subject to any terms notified to you by Google Play or the owner or developer of the Content.
- Contact Google Play or the developer of the Content if you have a question or complaint about Content or if you want to apply for a refund. Google Play’s refund policy (including the process for how to apply for a refund) can be found at https://support.google.com/googleplay/
- Contact us if you have a question or complaint about the Google Play Charges on your 2degrees Account.
- The Google Play refund policy is in addition to any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- Any refund agreed between you and Google Play or you and the developer of the Content may be processed under your 2degrees Account or via another payment method nominated by Google Play. If you purchase Content via your 2degrees Account and then port out to another mobile telecommunications provider, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to receive a refund for the purchased Content via 2degrees.
- 2degrees may change these terms and conditions and/or vary its billing service for Google Play at any time. Any changes will be notified to you in accordance with our obligations under the Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions.