Broadband $1m prize pool promotion
- The Promotion commences on at 12:00am on 3 November 2023 and ends at 11:59pm on 7 February 2024 (Promotion Period).
- If you were not a 2degrees broadband customer at 11:59pm on 2 November 2023 and sign up to a 12-month 2degrees consumer Broadband Plan (Eligible Plan) during the Promotion Period you will be eligible to win a prize in the $1million prize pool (Prize, Prize Pool respectively (Prize Pool details are set out at the end of these terms).
- If you meet the criteria in paragraph 3 above:
- you will automatically have one (1) entry entered into one of three prize draws on activation of your Eligible Plan; and
- if you also sign up to Power at the same time you sign up to an Eligible Plan you will receive one (1) addition entry into the same applicable prize draw on activation of your Eligible Plan (ie a total of two (2) entries in the applicable draw),
(Eligible Entries and Eligible Entrant respectively).
- The Prize Pool will be spilt into the following three random lottery draws:
- 7 December 2023 for Eligible Entries entered by 30 November 2023;
- 18 January 2024 for Eligible Entries entered between 1 December 2023 – 31 December 2023; and
- 28 March 2024 Eligible Entries entered between 1 January 2024 – 21 March 2024.
- If your Eligible Plan is:
- not activated by 21 March 2024; or
- you end your Eligible Plan before the applicable draw,
you will not be eligible and will not have any Eligible Entries in any of the three draws.
- Each Prize:
- can only be redeemed in New Zealand by the Account Holder;
- is not transferrable or exchangeable;
- cannot be taken as cash or any other form of value; and
- in respect to Vehicles (defined below), paragraphs 19 – 27 also apply.
- 2degrees accepts no responsibility or liability for any prize winner’s enjoyment of any Prize or any other costs, losses or expenses that may be incurred by the Prize winner relating to the Prize or the winner’s enjoyment of that prize (including any travel related costs where relevant.
- To the extent permitted by law, 2degrees excludes any liability it may have to you arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this Promotion.
- 2degrees will endeavour to notify each of the Prize winners by email, text or phone. However, if the winner or Vehicle Winner (defined below) cannot be reached within three working days, we may redraw a new Prize winner without liability to any person. 2degrees reserves the right to contact the selected winners by other means.
- Prizes must be claimed by 30 April 2024 or will be forfeited.
- The Promotion is open to New Zealand residents only over the age of 18 and is not open to employees of 2degrees (including any related party or affiliate of 2degrees), its agents, contractors, consultants, or their families or to other persons or parties assisting with the operation/supply of the Promotion. Winners may be required to sign a declaration declaring such.
- 2degrees is not responsible or liable for any late or failed entries or for any problems technical or property related (eg delays caused by third parties including Chorus and LFCs) which may result in delay or failure to enter you into any draw.
- Eligible Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions at the time in which their Eligible Entries are entered.
- The delivery address notified must be in New Zealand and cannot be a Post Office Box or a Private Bag address. Prizes may take up to 21 days to be shipped to the residential address provided.
- By complying with paragraphs 3 and 4 above and entering a draw each Eligible Entrant each Vehicle Winner consents to be filmed, photographed and/or interviewed by 2degrees and for 2degrees to use his or her name, city/town of residence, film footage and/or photographs and interviews for Promotion or publicity purposes without compensation. This includes on 2degrees website, direct and social media channels. 2degrees shall exclusively own all rights in such footage and/or images.
- Business Plans and business customers excluded from the Promotion.
- This competition is run by 2degrees and is not in association with Tesla. Tesla vehicles have been purchased from Tesla by 2degrees.
- The Prize Pool includes three (3), Tesla model Y vehicle Prizes (Vehicle). One (1) Vehicle will be included in each of the three prize draws set out in paragraph 5 and one Eligible Entry will win one Vehicle each draw (Vehicle Winner).
- Each Vehicle must be registered to a person who has a current full New Zealand drivers licence (or as otherwise may be permitted by 2degrees). Where that person is not the Vehicle Winner, then the Vehicle Winner needs to nominate that person and otherwise follow 2degrees instructions.
- On road costs for each Vehicle are included but any other costs including specific upgrades, optional extras or non-standard delivery fees will need to be arranged and paid for by each Vehicle Winner. A charger will be included with each Vehicle but the Vehicle Winner will be responsible for the installation of any electrical work required at their residence for the purposes of charging the Vehicle.
- Subject to paragraph 10, within 10 days of 2degrees notifying a Vehicle Winner the Vehicle Winner must:
- agree a date and time to personally collect the Vehicle from either Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch (make sure you bring your licence as you be driving away in it); or
- if a Vehicle Winner resides more than 250km from Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch the Winner provide their address and agree to collect the Vehicle form the applicable delivery depot when it is made available; and
- provide any details requested by 2degrees for the purposes of delivering or receiving the Vehicle and/or complying with these terms and conditions.
- Each Vehicle Winner agrees to sign an agreement agreeing that any rebate payable due to the operation of the New Zealand Government’s Clean Car Discount scheme will be paid directly into the nominated account of a charity selected by 2degrees (Donation).
- For the purposes of paragraph 25, each Vehicle Winner agrees to:
- grant 2degrees a security interest (as defined in the Personal Property Securities Act 1999) in the applicable Vehicle, as security for payment of the Donation;
- do anything that 2degrees require (including signing any documents) and to promptly give 2degrees all assistance and information as we request to ensure that we have a perfected first ranking security interest in the applicable Vehicle (and the proceeds thereof);
- agree to waive your right to receive a copy of any verification statement under section 148 of the PPSA; and
- agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you have no rights under sections 114(1) (a), 116, 120(2), 121, 125, 126, 127, 129, 131, 133 and 134 of the PPSA.
- 2degrees will remove its security interest in the Vehicle once the charity has received the Donation in cleared funds.
- If a Vehicle Winner fails to comply with these terms and conditions including, but not limited to, paragraphs 21 - 26 or fails to collect or receive the Vehicle in accordance with paragraph 23, 2degrees may at its sole discretion redraw the lottery and randomly award the Vehicle to a new Vehicle Winner without liability to any person.
Article last updated on