Send a friend Prepay credit with 2degrees (Me2U)
Can I send Prepay credit to a friend?
Yes, if you're both on Prepay and your plan is in credit, Me2U is a great way to help each other out.
If you're on Prepay and want to send credit to a friend also on Prepay, all you need to do is text their number with the amount you want to credit to them to 6328 (ME2U).
You'll need to put a * between the phone number and the credit amount. For example, to send $10 to phone number 022 876 5432, this is what you would text to 6328:
You'll then receive a text from us asking you to confirm the transfer. Reply 'Y' to confirm and we'll get the Prepay credit to the nominated number
Things you need to know
- The Me2U service is available on Prepay only.
- The amount of credit transferred must be in whole dollar amounts between $2 and $20.
- Maximum amount of credit that can be transferred in any month is $100.
- Me2U credit is valid for 60 days and cannot be transferred.
- There is no extra charge for this service unless you are overseas.
- Standard international text roaming charges apply when sending Me2U requests when outside of New Zealand.
- If you're a Pay Monthly or Business customer wanting to top up a Prepay number, you can do this via the Top Up Online page or the 2degrees App. In the app, select Top Up a Prepay Mobile from the menu. Please note that these options require a credit or debit card to pay for the top-up.