How do I connect to WiFi?
- Start by checking that the WLAN light on your modem isn't flashing
- If it is, you'll need to hold the WLAN button down for a few seconds to enable WiFi
- If the WLAN light is off, press the WLAN button quickly
- Now grab the device you want to connect to WiFi
- Go into the device’s Network Settings:
If you have a Fritzbox modem
Click on WiFi and look for the network called 2degrees Broadband which will be followed by the last four digits of your MAC address (Media Access Control address) found on the sticker at the bottom of your modem.
Click and enter the WiFi password (called Network Key on some modems), which you'll find written on the sticker on the bottom of your modem.
If you have a Huawei B618 modem
Click on WiFi and look for the network called 2degrees WIFI which will be followed by the last four digits of your MAC address (Media Access Control address) found on the sticker at the bottom of your modem
Click and enter your WiFi password written on the sticker on the bottom of your modem.
- After a few seconds, the WiFi symbol will appear, which is how you’ll know you're connected.
Now you're free to roam your home while the invisible magic of WiFi does its thing.
Handy tip: Keep your modem away from things like microwaves, TVs or other appliances that may interfere with your signal.
If you're with us on Rural Broadband and need some more help, check out our troubleshooting guide here.
If you need more help, you can learn how to use your modem’s advanced settings from our quickstart modem guides. If you're still a bit stuck after that, don’t worry, give our friendly team a call on 0800 022 022 between 8am and 8pm Monday - Saturday, and 10am and 8pm Sundays and public holidays.
How do I change my broadband WiFi password?
Find out how to change or reset your home WiFi password in no time.
Got a 2degrees modem for ADSL, VDSL or Fibre?
- Open an internet browser on your laptop or computer (If you can’t connect to WiFi, you can hook up an ethernet cable between the modem and your computer).
- In the address bar of your browser, type fritz.box and press Enter.
- You should see a login page. If not, type 192.168.178.1 or 169.254.1.1 into the browser.
- Type admin into the password field (unless you've changed it). If it asks for the password again pop it in again. If this doesn't work, check the bottom of your modem for a Fritz!Box password unique to your device.
- Select WLAN / Wireless (Ensure that WPA encryption is also selected).
- Under WPA mode, select WPA + WPA2 or WPA2 (CCMP). This is the encryption type and strength. WPA2 is the most secure.
- In the Network Key field, insert the new password. Ensure this password:
- Is a minimum of 8 characters
- Is a mixture of upper and lower case
- Is a mixture of letters and numbers
- Does not include your name and does not match your WiFi network’s name
- Click Apply and you’re good to go
- You’ll need to punch in the new password into each device you wish to connect to your WiFi.
Got your own modem?
Refer to the manufacturer's user manual for how to change your modem's WiFi password. You should be able to find instructions with a quick Google search of your modem's model name and number.