Phones Compatible with VoLTE & WiFi Calling
VoLTE and WiFi Calling are almost the same service, but one uses 4G mobile data and the other uses WiFi.
How to enable VoLTE functionality from 2degrees
Android phone users - Go to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Toggle VoLTE Calls ‘ON’
iPhone users - Go to Settings > Mobile > Mobile Data Options> Voice and Data > Toggle VoLTE ‘ON’
If you’ve got a phone in the list that wasn’t purchased from 2degrees, it’s difficult to say whether it’ll work with 2degrees VoLTE. Perhaps give it a go to find out.
- Samsung phones running Android 10 or later will work for VoLTE and WiFi Calling on 2degrees no matter which NZ mobile network you purchased them from
- Samsung phones running Android 9 or older that are supported for VoLTE and/or WiFi Calling will only work if sold by 2degrees.
- Android phones that support VoLTE will have it switched ON by default
- iPhone models that are capable of VoLTE will need to be enabled manually
- Any Android phone that is purchased overseas or from a parallel importer cannot be guaranteed to work for VoLTE or WiFi Calling .
- iPhone models will work as described above no matter where in the world they were purchased as long as they support NZ mobile frequencies