Phones Compatible with VoLTE & WiFi Calling
VoLTE and WiFi Calling are almost the same service, but one uses 4G mobile data and the other uses WiFi.
For WiFi Calling Phones
Please note Samsung phones running software versions older than Android 10 will need 2degrees specific software in order to work for WiFi Calling. If you purchased your Samsung phone from another mobile provider, it will also need a software upgrade.
Simply bring your phone into any 2degrees store and we’ll sort this out for you free of charge (please note, it may take up to 5 working days). If you purchased your Samsung phone from a parallel importer, or brought it back from overseas then it will not be compatible with 2degrees WiFi Calling. and cannot be upgraded.
With VoLTE functionality from 2degrees
- It will be switched off by default, so just switch it on in Settings > Mobile > Mobile Data Options > Voice and Data > Toggle to: 4G, VoLTE On.
If you’ve got a phone in the list that wasn’t purchased from 2degrees, it’s difficult to say whether it’ll work with 2degrees VoLTE. Perhaps give it a go.
- Samsung phones running Android 10 or later will work for HD Calling and WiFi Calling on 2degrees no matter which NZ mobile network you purchased them from
- Samsung phones running Android 9 or older that are supported for HD Calling and/or WiFi Calling will only work if sold by 2degrees.
- We do not yet know which Oppo or Huawei phones will support HD Calling, phones that are 12 mnths old or newer are very likely to support it, but older phones may not (we will continue to update information for these phone vendors as we learn more).
- Any Android phone that is purchased overseas or from a parallel importer cannot be guaranteed to work for HD Calling or WiFi Calling .
- iPhone models will work as described above no matter where in the world they were purchased as long as they support NZ mobile frequencies
- iPhone models that are capable of HD Mobile Calling will need to be enabled manually. Go to Settings>Mobile>Mobile Data Options>Voice & Data and toggle the VoLTE botton to the right to switch it on.