Unlock your phone
Some 2degrees handsets are locked to the 2degrees network. To use your phone with a SIM of another NZ or overseas network, you must unlock it first.
There is no charge to unlock a phone, but if you’re not the account owner, you’ll need to check with them first.
- First you’ll need your IMEI number.
Your IMEI number is 15 digits long and can be found by dialling *#06# or by looking under your phone battery.
Enter your IMEI number in the box below to get your unlock code.
- Once you get your unlock code, put your new SIM in your device.
- You will be prompted to enter your unlock code.
- Take care when entering your unlock code - if it's entered incorrectly more than 10 times you will no longer be able to use your phone on any network.
- If you have any trouble with this contact Customer Care.
11.Get your unlock code
22.Unlock your phone
For more information, check out our Things You Should Know.
- We will only unlock your 2degrees locked phone if you have purchased the phone from an authorised 2degrees retailer, have paid for the phone in full and the phone has not been tampered with in any way to break the locking restrictions applied to the phone.
- Phones reported as lost or stolen will not be unlocked.
- You can only unlock your phone in accordance with the instructions that 2degrees provides you. Unlocking the phone by any other means or entering the unlock code incorrectly more than 10 times may brick the phone and make it unworkable on any network. This type of damage to the phone will not be covered by the phone’s applicable warranty and you will liable for any repair required to be done to the phone.
- If you have tampered with your phone to break the locking restrictions applied to the phone, then we are not liable to you if the unlocking instructions given to you do not work on your phone.
- The fee for unlocking your phone within 9 months from purchase is $30 (incl. GST). After 9 months, you can unlock the phone free, but you will still need to follow 2degrees’ instructions for unlocking.
- If you are a Prepay customer the payment of the unlock fee will be made with the credit available on your Prepay Account. You are responsible for making sure you have enough credit before attempting to unlock your phone. If you are a Pay Monthly customer the unlock fee will be applied to your next Bill.
- 2degrees reserves the right to deny any unlock request which it determines is fraudulent or breaches 2degrees’ unlocking policy. 2degrees can also make changes to this unlocking policy and we will let you know if we do this by posting the new policy on our website.