2degrees Carryover and Endless Plans Terms and Conditions – from 23 January 2023
- These terms and conditions apply to customers on either a 2degrees Carryover Plan or 2degrees Endless Plan who signed up to the applicable plan from 23 January 2023 and apply in addition to our Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions and any other specific terms and conditions applying to your Plan or Account with 2degrees. You have accepted these terms and conditions by signing up to your 2degrees Carryover Plan or Endless Plan. If you signed up to a 2degrees Carryover or Endless Plan prior to 23 January 2023 then the Terms and Conditions at Carryover and Endless Plans Terms and Conditions - Prior to 23 January 2023 apply to you.
- In the case of inconsistency with these terms and the Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions, these terms will prevail. Unless stated otherwise, capitalised terms used in these terms and conditions shall have the same meaning given to them in the Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions, provided that reference to:
- Unlimited Calls has the meaning given in clauses 25 to 27 of these terms and conditions;
- Unlimited Text has the meaning given in clause 28 to 30 of these terms and conditions;
- Endless NZ Data has the meaning given in clauses 11 to 17 of these terms and conditions;
- Plan means a plan described in clause 5 of these terms and conditions; and
- Plan Benefit means the minutes, text and data allocation under each Plan as set out in clause 5;
- Our Network means the 2degrees Network; and
- Mobile Phone means the personal GSMA mobile phone approved by use for use on our Network and used by you with a SIM card to connect to our Network.
- The rates and conditions below apply to you when you use your Mobile Phone (or other device) in New Zealand.
- All rates are inclusive of GST.
- Subject to these terms and conditions, you may sign up to the following Plans:
$35 Carryover Plan
$45 Carryover Plan
$60 Carryover Plan
3GB NZ Carryover Data
5GB NZ Carryover Data
15GB NZ Carryover Data
300 Carryover Minutes
Unlimited* Calls to NZ and Aussie
Unlimited* Text to NZ and Aussie**
$75 Endless Plan
100GB Max speed data then Endless* Data at reduced speeds^
Unlimited* Text to NZ and Aussie**
Unlimited* Text to NZ and Aussie**
*Fair Use Policy applies. **Calls and Text to Norfolk Island an Australian Antarctic Territory are excluded. ^Allocated data at max speeds then reduced max speeds of 1.2mbps. Hotspotting speeds may be reduced further during periods of network congestion. At reduced speeds your experience will be impacted.
NZ Carryover Data
- NZ Carryover Data is allocated on your Billing Date and can only be used in New Zealand.
- If you do not use your full allocation of NZ Carryover Data during your Billing month, your unused NZ Carryover Data for that Billing month will be carried over to the following Billing month. NZ Carryover Data (if not used) can be accrued for up to 12 months and will expire on the day prior to the first anniversary of the Billing Date on which this NZ Carryover Data was first allocated to you. During any Billing month, your allocated Plan data will always be used before any NZ Carryover Data you have accrued.
- If you consume all the NZ Carryover Data available under your Plan in any Billing month you must purchase a Data Add On to continue using data services until a new allocation of NZ Carryover Data is made under your Plan on your next Billing Date. You will be charged for any Data Add On purchased by you in accordance with the terms of that Add On.
- Data usage per session is rounded up to the nearest 46.08KB increment. Minimum data usage per session of up to 46.08KB applies.
Endless NZ Data
- You will be charged a 0 cent per MB rate for all data consumed in New Zealand on each Billing Date for the term of your Plan provided you pay the applicable Plan Charge.
- If you exceed your allocated data allowance during a billing month your maximum data speeds reduce to 1.2 Mbps until your next applicable billing month and hotspotting speeds may be reduced further during periods of network congestion. Your experience will be impacted at reduced speeds. E.g. if you are on the $75 Endless Plan, once you exceed 40GB in a month your maximum speeds are reduced to 1.2Mbps until your plan renews on your Billing Date. This will also apply on a per person basis to any Pay Monthly Group Plan members on your account.
- At reduced max speeds you can mostly use your data on your phone the same as before including listen to music, browse online, Zoom call, stream, download stuff, watch movies but the image quality will be lower (particularly hotspotting to a big screen), it’s not suitable for HD video, there may be buffering/interruptions, some high speed gaming and applications may not work and loading large files may take longer. Click here for more details.
- Endless NZ Data may be used for hotspotting and standard personal use only. You must not use Endless NZ Data for machine-to-machine communications; or in a manner that interferes with our ability to provide quality service to other users; or commercial type activities; or any other similar activity that we consider to be non-standard personal usage (Restricted Activities). If, acting reasonably, we think, you’re using our services for Restricted Activities we may ask you to stop using our services in that manner. If you ignore us or misuse or interfere with our Network the Service may be slowed, reprioritised, suspended, terminated, or restricted and your Plan could be suspended or terminated immediately with notice.
- Our Fair Use Policy applies to Endless NZ Data. Please ensure that you have read and understood this policy (which also forms part of the Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions and is published by us at 2degreesmobile.co.nz/fairusepolicy). We may take action if we consider your use of Endless NZ Data breaches the Fair Use Policy.
- The actual data speed you achieve when using any data is dependent on a number of factors, including (but not limited to) how far you and your phone are from the nearest cell tower site and congestion on a particular cell tower at any given time.
- Unless otherwise stated in these terms and conditions, Minutes are only valid for voice calls to any standard landline or mobile in New Zealand and Australia.
- Carryover Minutes are only valid for voice calls to any standard landline or mobile in New Zealand and Australia.
- Carryover Minutes allocated under a Plan will be pro-rated up to the Billing Date following activation of that Plan, and thereafter will be allocated on each Billing Date.
- If you do not use your full allocation of Carryover Minutes during your Billing month, your unused Carryover Minutes for that Billing month will be carried over to the following Billing month. Carryover Minutes (if not used) can be accrued for up to 12 months and will expire on the day prior to the first anniversary of the Billing Date on which these minutes were first allocated to you. During any Billing month, your accrued Carryover Minutes (if any) will always be used before any new allocation of Carryover Minutes for that Billing month.
- If you consume all of your Carryover Minutes while you are on a call, you will be charged the standard per minute rate for the remainder of the call and for any subsequent calls in accordance with our Pay Monthly Standard Rates Terms and Conditions until you are allocated further Carryover Minutes on your next Billing Date.
- Carryover Minutes cannot be used to make calls to premium rate numbers (for example 0900, 018), or satellite phones.
- All calls are rounded up to the next whole minute.
- You will be charged a 0 cent per minute rate for all calls to any standard mobile or landline in New Zealand and Australia on each Billing Date for the term of your applicable Plan provided you pay the applicable Plan Charge.
- Unlimited Calls cannot be used to make calls to premium rate numbers (e.g. 018, 0900) or satellite phones.
- Our Fair Use Policyapplies to Unlimited Calls. For the avoidance of doubt your use of Unlimited Calls must be person to person use consistent with our estimate of reasonable use of this service (referencing standard and/or estimated customer profiles). We may take action if we consider your use to be in breach of the Fair Use Policy. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Fair Use Policy, which forms part of our standard Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions and is published by us at www.2degreesmobile.co.nz//termsofuse/fair-use-policy/.
- You will be charged a 0 cent per text rate for all text messages sent to any standard mobile in New Zealand and Australia on each Billing Date for the term of your Plan provided you pay the applicable Plan Charge.
- Unlimited Text cannot be used for MMS or texts to premium rate numbers.
- Our Fair Use Policyapplies to Unlimited Text. For the avoidance of doubt, Unlimited Text is only available for person to person use consistent with our estimate of reasonable use of this service (referencing standard and/or estimated customer profiles). We may take action if we consider your use to be in breach of the Fair Use Policy. Please ensure that you have read and understood our Fair Use Policy, which forms part of the Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions and is published by us at 2degreesmobile.co.nz/termsofuse/fair-use-policy/.
- Group Plans are available with our $60 Carryover Plan, $75 Endless Plan and $90 Endless Plan (Primary Plan).
- If you are the Account Holder on a Primary Plan, you may add up to 3 connections to your Account (each known as a Group Plan).
- Group Plans must be the same plan type as the Primary Plan (e.g., if the Account Holder is on a $90 Pay Monthly Endless Plan, all connections must also be on the $90 Pay Monthly Endless Plan). All Group Plans must be on the same Account.
- For each Group Plan that is successfully set up, you, as the Account Holder, will be charged $30 (incl. GST) each Billing Month.
- The Account Holder must also set up and maintain CCA/DDA on their Account in accordance with our CCA/DDA T&Cs.
- access usage details relating to each Group Plan;
- Change the Primary or Group Plan (e.g., downgrading or upgrading the plan type, adding call bars to prevent international dialling, or adding or removing other add-ons such as Interest Free Payments);
- Terminate or suspend the Primary Plan and/or the Group Plan; and
- Move your number to another provider.
- If you have a Plan and you sign up to a Group Plan:
- You are responsible for any outstanding charges that remain on your Account at the time of joining a Group Plan including repayment of any remaining interest free payments;
- If you have any add-ons or discounts on your existing plan/account, they won't be applied to the new Group plan; and
- Any existing balances (including Carryover balances) will expire immediately.
- If you have a Prepay Plan and you sign up to a Group Plan, any existing credit or balances (including Carryover balances) will expire immediately.
- As an Account Holder on a Group Plan, you will be responsible for:
- any Charges that you or any connection incurs including roaming and international and premium calls over and above the relevant monthly Plan charges; and
- any interest free repayments for any phones, accessories or other devices added to your Account including any relating to any handsets used by a connection on your Account.
- A Group Plan cannot exist without being associated to the relevant Primary Plan. Every Primary Plan can have up to 3 Group Plans associated with it.
- As an Account Holder, you may terminate any Group Plan at any time. You will be charged the relevant Group Plan Charges. If you terminate the Primary Plan on your Account, or change that Primary Plan to a Plan which is not an eligible Primary Plan:
- a remaining Group Plan will automatically be transferred to the applicable eligible Plan (or its equivalent if that Plan has been retired) which will now be the Eligible Primary Plan on your Account;
- any remaining Group Plans will remain Group Plans on the new eligible Primary Plan; and
- you will be liable to pay for any relevant Plan Charges and any other Charges incurred by the new Primary Plan and each remaining Group Plan.
- As an Account Holder, you may add up to 1 interest free handset per Group Plan.
Terminating your Freedom Term Plan
- You can terminate your Plan at any time prior to your next Billing Date by calling Customer Care on 200.
- You will be liable to pay all Charges outstanding in respect of your Plan on termination of that Plan including your Plan Charge for the month up to your next Billing Date.
Changing to another Plan
- Subject to clause 50, you are allowed to change your Plan once per Billing month to a new available Plan via Customer Care or in store.
- We will apply your Plan transfer charge (if applicable) on your next applicable Bill.
- In respect of Endless Plans, if you end or move from your Endless Plan all of you Plan Benefits immediately expire and do not Carryover including if you have moved to another 2degrees Pay Monthly or Prepay Plan or 2degrees Account.
- If you move from a Carryover Plan to an Endless Plan, any Carryover balance will immediately expire and are not available on your new Endless Plan.
- As noted in clause 9 above, if you downgrade your Carryover Plan to another plan (including another Carryover Plan) you will only be able to carryover maximum of 20GB of Carryover Data to your new plan.
- We may refuse to transfer you on to a new Plan if you have not paid all of the outstanding Charges relating to your Account with us.
Transferring or switching to another Service or Plan
- You may be able to transfer your Plan to another Service or Account made available by 2degrees from time to time, subject to these terms and conditions and any other terms and conditions applicable to those Services, Plans or Accounts.
- We may refuse to transfer your Plan if you have not paid all of the outstanding Charges relating to your Plan.
- If you transfer your Plan in accordance with these terms you will lose all unused Plan Benefits, any bonus rewards or other benefits associated with your Plan.
Withdrawing the Plan
- We reserve the right to remove the Plan from the market (and suggest switching to the best alternative plan) in accordance with our standard T&Cs.
- You cannot share data on your Endless Plan.
- You may share data on your Carryover Plan to up to 5 numbers (each a Recipient). Each Recipient must be on an active Carryover Plan or 2degrees Carryover Prepay plan in order to use data shared from your Carryover Plan.
- You may purchase Add Ons in conjunction with your Plan in accordance with the specific terms and conditions relating to those Add Ons as published by 2degrees on its website at www.2degreesmobile.co.nz. You will be responsible for any applicable Add On Charges.
- Any Add Ons you purchase will commence on the date of purchase. Add On Charges will be included in your next Bill, and subsequent Bills where the Add On is recurring, from commencement until you end the Add On.
- No discounts or promotional offers including, but not limited to, association discounts and Friends and Family discounts, can be used with, or applied to, you Plan or Plan Changes.
- If you terminate your Plan and transfer to a Prepay Account you may lose all unused Add On benefits on transferring to a Prepay Account, and the Add On(s) will stop recurring. You will need to re-purchase the Add On(s) to your Prepay Account to continue to receive those Add On benefits.
- If you transfer your Plan to another Plan or Service offered by 2degrees from time to time you may lose all unused Add On benefits and your Add On(s) may terminate on the date of transfer to your new Plan or Service.
- Unless provided otherwise by the terms of a Plan, all Services are charged at the standard rates set out in our Pay Monthly Standard Rates Terms and Conditions.
- Subject to any Add On conditions, the voice, text and data benefits of your Plan that expire first will be used first.
- Your Plan Charge and Plan Benefits will be pro-rated from the date of Activation of your Plan until your first Billing Date.
- Because we charge for Services after you use them (in arrears) you will receive a final Bill on your final Billing Date covering your final month of Plan Charge and all other Charges incurred up to your final Billing Date.
- You will remain liable for all Charges incurred up to the date we end your Account with us.
- Plan Benefits cannot be transferred to any other person or to another account you or any other person may have with us.
- Our standard overseas roaming rates apply to your Plan, see International Roaming (Pay Monthly/Business).
- If we consider you have breached these terms and conditions for any reason or reasonably suspect that you have tampered with, intervened in any unauthorised or fraudulent manner, or any other reason which may interfere or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of your Plan, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to take any action available to us, including termination of your plan.
- We may withdraw the availability of the Plan to new customers at any time.
- We may change the Plan Benefits under any Plan, or these terms and conditions from time to time. Any changes will be notified to you in accordance with our obligations under the Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions.