Fibre speed boost - Business
In this article
What is a fibre speed boost?
This is where we’ll be upgrading the download and upload speeds of our Smart Fibre Unlimited and Work From Home Fibre Plans.
Who’s eligible for the free fibre speed boost?
If you’re in a Chorus, Enable, or Tautahi First Fibre area and on one of the plans shown below you’ll be eligible for free fibre speed boost. There is no change to customers in Northpower areas at this point in time.
- New customers who join 2degrees from 1st December 2021 on one of these plans will automatically get a fibre speed boost.
- Existing customers on these plans will automatically have their fibre download and upload speeds boosted, and we’ll send an email in early December to confirm the upgrade has been completed.
Eligible plans for a speed boost:
Current download/upload speed
Boosted download/upload speed
Smart Fibre Unlimited/ Work from Home Fibre
Up to 100/100Mbs
All Chorus Connections will be boosted up to 500/500 Mbps (peak time average speeds subject to confirmation*)
All Enable and Tuatahi Connections will be boosted up to 300/300 Mbps (peak time average speeds subject to confirmation*)
Will I have to pay for the fibre speed boost?
No, you don’t have to pay – it’s on us and there’s no change to your monthly broadband plan price.
Is there anything I need to do to get the fibre speed boost?
No, you don’t need to do a thing. If you’re eligible for fibre speed boost, we automatically upgraded your download and upload speeds on the 8th of December.
What’s the benefits of the speed boost?
- Smoother video calling and collaboration online
- Faster upload and download speeds
- More bandwidth to share between devices connected to your router, improving each individual user’s experience
I’m having issues and not getting the speeds you say I should?
The broadband speed you experience at any given time depends on several factors. From the performance of your modem and where it’s located to the age of your devices and software, as well as the time of day you’re online, how busy it is on the network and where on the network you are connected. To find out about what could be slowing you down and tips to improve speed, check out this handy article.