Team Share for Business Choice plans
What is Team Share?
Team Share lets customers on Business Choice plans share their plan’s unlimited* calls and texts to New Zealand and Aussie with up to three other 2degrees customers, per plan. Data is not included with Team Share; however, you can also set up Shared Data, which will allow you to share your plan's New Zealand data with up to five colleagues with 2degrees numbers.
What does Team Share include?
If you’re on an eligible plan you can share your unlimited* voice calls and texts to New Zealand and Australia with up to three people that have a 2degrees account for an extra $25 per person each month.
- Shareable unlimited* calls and texts to New Zealand and Aussie
- Share with up to three other people for only $25 per person each month.
Who is Team Share for?
Team Share is available to anyone on a Business Choice plan and the Retired $60 (excl GST) and above Business Select plans, the Retired $49 Business Freedom Plus plan and retired Share Everything plans that come with unlimited* calls.
How does Team Share work?
- Once you opt-in to Team Share, you become a ‘Sharer’ and can nominate up to three 2degrees numbers (or, ‘beneficiaries’) to share your calls and texts with.
- Sharing your unlimited* calls and texts to someone with Team Share is charged to the Sharer when set up, and then on bill cycles when it renews.
- Charging also applies per person the sharer adds. For example, if the Sharer adds 3 beneficiaries, a separate charge applies for each.
- Only eligible customers can be a Sharer, however any 2degrees customer, including those on Prepay, can be a Beneficiary.
- Unlimited* calls and texts (including sharing usage) applies to standard New Zealand and Australian minutes and person-to-person text only. Any premium rate numbers, other chargeable usage and additional value packs cannot be shared (for example, premium SMS, MMS, or international calls other than calls to Australia).
How do I start sharing calls and texts with my Team Share group?
You can start sharing whenever you like using either the 2degrees App, or by text. If you're a Team Member, please discuss this with your Account Holder first as they pay the bill.
To set up sharing, you need to have the right permissions. Ask your Account Holder to give you permissions if you need it.
If you have Spend Control for Business set up, make sure you’ve set your limit high enough to allow for your monthly charge for sharing calls and texts, as well as any other Add-Ons or extra spend you may have each month.
Add someone to your Team Share in the 2degrees App:
- Select Menu > Sharing > Add Someone > Calls and texts
- Then punch in the 2degrees number you want to share with
- Next click the Calls and Texts check box
- Then push Add
- Lastly click on Buy now to confirm you’re happy to pay $25 a month
- You’re done. We’ll send you a text once your sharing has been set up
- You and your sharee(s) may need to restart your mobiles to start sharing
You’ll notice that you have the option in the app to share data as well. If you didn’t already know, you can keep up to five of your team-mates Zooming or emailing by sharing your data with them for free.
If you want to share data as well as calls and texts, simply select both boxes and we’ll set everything up together. Find out more about Shared Data here.
Add someone to your Team Share by text:
- Text Share Unlimited followed by a space, then the number you want to share with to 233. Like this: SHARE UNLIMITED 0220202020
- We’ll send you a text asking you to confirm you want to do this
- Reply Y to confirm
- You’re done. We’ll send a text once your sharing has been set up
- You and your sharee(s) may need to restart your mobiles to start sharing
How do I stop sharing calls and texts with one of my Team Share group?
If things have changed, you can stop sharing whenever you like using either the 2degrees App, or by text.
Remove someone from your Team Share group in the 2degrees App:
- Select Menu > Your Account > Sharing to see the numbers (or names) of the people you’re sharing with
- Tap the person you want to stop sharing with
- If you want to stop sharing calls and texts, untick the Calls and Texts check box, then tap Update
- If you want to stop sharing data, as well as calls and texts, tap Stop Sharing and we’ll stop everything together
- You’re done. We’ll send you a text once we’ve updated your sharing details
Remove someone from your Team Share group by text:
- Text STOP followed by a space, and then the number of the person you want to stop sharing with, to 233. Like this: STOP 0220202020
- We’ll send you a text once we’ve updated your sharing details
- If that person is also using your NZ data using Shared Data services, you can stop them by texting STOP and the recipient's mobile number to 747, for example, STOP 022XXXXXXX.
How can I see or check who I’m sharing data with?
Forgot who you’re sharing with? It’s easy to find out in the 2degrees Mobile App or by text.
Check who you’re sharing with in the 2degrees App
- Scroll down to your Dashboard to see who you’re sharing with and what they're sharing with you (data or calls and texts, or both).
Check who you’re sharing with by text
- Text VIEW UNLIMITED to 233
- We’ll send you a text back to confirm the number/s you’re sharing with
I’m on Team Share, why can’t I see sharing calls and texts in the 2degrees App?
We’ve made sharing super easy to use in the 2degrees App, so if you can’t see it, there could be a few reasons why.
- You're not on an eligible plan. If you're on a retired Business plan without unlimited* calls and texts, then you can't use Team Share.
- Unfortunately, you can't share your calls and texts on Prepay, so you won’t see the option in the App. You'll need to be on an eligible Pay Monthly or Business Choice plan to be able to share. If you’re happy to stay on Prepay and have friends or family on an eligible plan, why not see if they're happy to share their calls and texts with you?
- You haven’t got the latest version of our app installed:
Things to know about Team Share
- Excludes any allocation of calls and texts to countries other than New Zealand or Australia
- *Fair Use Policy applies
- You must be on a plan with unlimited* calls and text to activate shared services
- Maximum of 3 people sharing per plan. Persons sharing must have a device with a 2degrees SIM
- To share data you must activate Shared Data services
- $25 charge per month (or part month) applies for each sharee of calls and texts and will be charged until you no longer wish to share. This charge is in addition to your monthly Plan charge. Shared Data is a free service.
- Standard NZ and Aussie minutes and person to person text only. Premium rate numbers excluded. Calls and texts to countries other than NZ & Aussie cannot be shared. NZ data usage only.
- See our full Terms and Conditions
- As long as a Prepay customer is a current beneficiary AND is using their Shared entitlements, they will not need to top up every 365 days to keep their account active. This does NOT extend their credit expiry which will still expire after 365 days if they have not topped up.
- Each Team Share beneficiary will be shown as a separate line item in ‘Your Usage’ on the bill. If you start and stop multiple share beneficiaries in one billing period, there may be multiple charges to reflect this
- Beneficiaries can only receive calls and texts from one Sharer
- If all beneficiaries are removed, the sharer will not be able to set up sharing again until their next bill cycle
- Team Share fees go towards spend and credit limits.