2degrees and Covid-19
In this article
Differing Alert Levels mean some changes in how we work. While our Auckland team may remain safely tucked up in lockdown, around the rest of the country we’re back on deck. Whether it’s in store or through contactless services, we’re here to deliver all the services you need.
The changing Alert Levels also affect which stores we can open. If you’re still in Alert Level Four we’ll keep the lights through a select group of stores across the country, providing a limited range of services. But the rest of the country can now look forward to seeing us instore again. You can read more on that here.
And remember there are still plenty of other ways for you to stay in touch. Hit us up on Facebook or you can give our New Zealand based customer care team a call on 0800 022 022. We’d love to help. And don’t forget there’s a full range of digital services available at 2degrees.nz, including:
Visiting our nationwide stores during different Alert Levels
Alert Level 4: In Alert Level 4, we need to keep our customers and staff safe. This means most of our stores will temporarily close. Across the country only a fraction of our usual stores will be open, operating to limited hours (10AM-2PM), and providing a limited range of emergency services.
Customers will need a prior appointment, and customers coming to an emergency store without an appointment can’t be served. And please remember the stores are only in cases of emergency. At Alert Level 4 we’re all in lockdown together so let’s keep any direct contact down to the absolute minimum.
Alert Level 3: In Alert Level 3, you’ll still need to call ahead to make an appointment and bring a photo ID with you when you go to the store. We’ll meet you at the front doors or the pre-arranged meeting spot to manage your query and will maintain social distancing and follow Government guidelines for contact-less visits. Here’s a list of stores operating at Alert Level 3.
Alert Level 2: At this level, you won’t need to make an appointment, but you will still need to maintain social distancing and follow Government guidelines for location scanning and ensuring you sanitise your hands while in-store. Here’s a list of stores operating at Alert Level 2.
Services available in our emergency stores
Our emergency stores can only offer limited services. Before considering a store appointment, please remember to visit 2degrees.nz or your 2degrees Mobile or Broadband online account for help. And of course, our Customer Care centre is always there for you.
Here’s the list of services our emergency stores offer:
- You can get help signing up to a mobile or broadband plan
- You can also switch from a Prepay to Pay Monthly plan, or change your existing plan
- We can help with purchasing phones or accessories, either on interest free terms or without a plan
- We can sort your phone repairs, trade-ins, warranties, or loan phones
- We can also help with a SIM swap
Making an appointment to visit a store
Customers needing to visit an emergency store must make an appointment. There are three ways to do this.
- Check in with the Care team first to see if they can help you. If not they’ll put you in touch with your closest store.
- If you’re certain the digital or Care option won’t work for you, you can find the details of the emergency store closest to you with our store locator. Give them a call and they can set an appointment for you.
- Finally, if you fill out the form located here the store you select will be in touch within 24 to 48 hours to give you a hand.
And, please don’t rock up without an appointment. We can’t serve anyone without following a strict protocol, so if we haven’t made a date we won’t be able to help.
We’re working hard to keep our customers and staff safe under different Alert Levels. Our Virtual Identification Verification process allows us to use video calls to sight and verify your ID. It’s a great way to provide services that need an ID without you having to come instore. The process is available in select stores – to find out where click here.
Helping those experiencing family violence
We know that lockdown can be a time of increased stress and risk for families. If you or your family are currently living in fear, 2degrees have partnered with The National Collective of Independent Women’s Refuges Inc to help. We’ve created a shielded section on our website to safely share information you might need. Opening this section won’t show up in your search history. Here’s how you can access it.
- At the bottom of any page on our website (either in the centre or on the right hand side) you’ll see this icon:
- Click on it and a Shielded Site pop-up will open. Don’t worry, this pop-up won't appear in your browser's history.
- The pop up will let you read up on getting help if you’re in immediate danger, how to plan and get out to safety, and where to find help and support online.
Being kind is kinda important
We’re also looking after our own people so we can look after you. Please be kind to our New Zealand based customer care team if you chat to them – kindness got us through this before, and it’s just as important now.
Use benefits to your advantage
Don’t forget you’ve got some great 2degrees mobile benefits to get you through lockdown: